- Tyrolean State Conservatory
- University of Music and Performing Arts, Vienna
- Staatsoper Hannover
- Staatstheater Oldenburg
- Theater Bremen
- Seefestspiele Mörbisch
- Schlosstheater Schönbrunn
- La fille du régimentTonio
- Abduction from the seraglioBelmonte
- The Magic FluteMonostatos
- La CenerentolaDon Ramiro
- The Merry WidowCamille de Rosillon
The Tyrolean tenor Philipp Kapeller received his first vocal training at the age of ten with the Wiltener Sängerknaben, where he gained his first experience as a boy soloist at concerts and masses. He also took piano lessons and learned the trombone.
Following preparatory studies at the Tyrolean State Conservatory, he studied at the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna with Prof. Karlheinz Hanser and Charles Spencer-Smith from 2008 to 2013.
Philipp is a prizewinner of the national music competition Gradus ad Parnassum, received a special prize for the best interpretation of baroque music and was a finalist at the First International Otto Edelmann Competition in Vienna in 2013. As a participant of the Académie Mozart 2016 of the Aix-en-Provence Festival, he was awarded the Friends of the Festival Prize.
He made his operatic debut in 2010 in Alicante/Spain, in a production of the Yewoon Opera Group, as Monostatos in Mozart’s “Magic Flute”. In 2011 he sang a scenic performance of the Bach cantata “Herkules am Scheidewege” with the Bach Collegium Zürich during the International Bach Days in Zurich. In the same year he appeared in the children’s opera “Aladdin und die Wunderlampe” by Nino Rota at the Vienna State Opera.
From 2012 to 2014 he sang Basilio in Mozart’s “Le Nozze di Figaro”, the 1st Elder in a scenic version of Handel’s oratorio Susanna, Alfred in J. Strauss’s “Fledermaus” and Ferrando in Mozart’s “Cosi fan tutte” at Schönbrunn Palace Theatre.
In 2013 he gained valuable experience as Spoleta in Puccini’s “Tosca” in a semi-scenic production at the Royal Philharmonic Hall in Liverpool under the direction of Vasily Petrenko alongside Bryn Terfel.
Since the 2014/15 season he has been a member of the ensemble of the Oldenburg State Theatre, where he sings roles such as Fenton (“Falstaff”), Hyllus in Haendel’s opera “Hercules”, Camille de Rosillon (“The Merry Widow”), Lysander in Britten’s “A Midsummernight’s Dream” and Johan in “Cristina, Regina Di Svezia” by Jacopo Foroni; Tonio in “La Fille du Régiment” and the Prince in “Yvonne, princesse de Bourgogne” by Philippe Boesmans, Belmonte (“Abduction from the Seraglio”) Ramiro (“La Cenerentola”), and Lord Arturo („Lucia di Lammermoor“) as well as Tito Vespasiano („La clemenza di Tito“).
In 2017, he had great success as Stanislaus in Carl Zellers “Der Vogelhändler” at the operetta festival Seefestspiele Moerbisch in Austria; in 2018 he featured in a 3 tenor gala concert at the Peter Dvorsky Festival in the Czech Republic.
With the 2019/20 season he will move to the Staatsoper Hannover, where he will appear as Monostatos and Prince Andreas Stephan in Paul Abraham’s operetta “Märchen im Grand Hotel”.
Beethoven, Ludwig van
- Fidelio Jaquino
- Yvonne, princesse de Bourgogne Prinz
- A Midsummernight's Dream Lysander
- La Fille du Régiment Tonio
- Lucia di Lammermoore Lord Arturo Bucklaw
- Cristina, Regina di Svezia Johann
- L'isola disabitata Gernando
Haendel, Georg Friedrich
- Hercules Hylus
Hasse, Johann Adolph
- Siroe Cosroe
- Der Vetter aus Dingsda August Kuhbrot
- Die lustige Witwe Camille de Rosillon
Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus
- La Finta giardiniera Belfiore, Basilio
- Le Nozze di Figaro Don Curzio
- Die Zauberflöte Monostatos
- Cosi fan tutte Ferrando
- Die Entführung aus dem Serail Belmonte, Pedrillo
- La Clemenza di Tito Tito Vespasiano
- Don Giovanni Don Ottavio
- Tosca Spoletta
- Manon Lescaut Edmondo, Lampionaio
- Les Paladins Atis, Manto
- Il Barbiere di Siviglia Il Conte Almaviva
- La Cenerentola Don Ramiro
- Die Fledermaus Alfred
- Falstaff Fenton
- Der Vogelhändler Adam, Stanislaus