- Reykjavik Academy (Alexander Ashworth, Gardar Thor Cortez)
- University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna: Karlheinz Hanser
- Schlosstheater Schönbrunn
- Theater an der Wien/Kammeroper
- Tiroler Landestheater Innsbruck
- Les contes d'HoffmannCrespel, Luther
- Vetter aus DingsdaEgon von Wildenhagen
- Cosi fan tutteDon Alfonso
- Kaiser von AtlantisLautsprecher
- La GiocondaZuane
Icelandic bass Unnsteinn Árnason received his first vocal training in 2008 at the Reykjavik Academy, first with Alexander Ashworth and then above all with Gardar Thor Cortez. He was a scholarship holder of the “Vilhjálmi Vilhjálmssyni Memorial Foundation” for outstanding achievements in the field of singing and 1st prize winner of the competition for young soloists of the Icelandic Symphony Orchestra.
Unnsteinn Árnason then completed his bachelor’s degree at the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna with Professor Karlheinz Hanser.
The young artist made his stage debut in Vienna in March 2014 at the Schlosstheater Schönbrunn with the successful performance of Don Alfonso in Mozart’s “CosÍ fan tutte” . In 2015 the young artist performed the role of Simone in G. Puccini’s “Gianni Schicchi” in a university production. In the course of isaOperaVienna at the Schlosstheater Schönbrunn, he appeared as Bartolo in “Le Nozze di Figaro” and as prison director Frank in Johann Strauss’s “Fledermaus”.
As a participant of the Young Singers Project at the Salzburg Festival in 2016 he sang the technician Niklas Zettel in Purcell’s “The Fairy Queen for Children”. In the same year he debuted at the Tiroler Landestheater Innsbruck as Reinmar von Zweter in Wagner’s “Tannhäuser” and had great success as loudspeaker in Viktor Ullmann’s “Kaiser von Atlantis” at the Vienna Chamber Opera.
Since the 2016/17 season he has been a member of the Tyrolean Landestheater ensemble in Innsbruck. There he appeared as Egon von Wildenhagen in “Der Vetter aus Dingsda”, as Luther und Crespel in “Hoffmanns Erzählungen”, as Zuane in “La Gioconda”, Lord Tristan in “Martha”, Mr. Kofner in “Der Konsul” as Raimondo in “Rienzi”, Zuniga in “Carmen”, Pietro in “Simone Boccanegra”, Lothario in “Mignon” by Ambroise Thomas, Masetto in “Don Giovanni” and Barnaby Tucker in “Hello Dolly”.
Highlights of the current season are among other roles Sparafucile and Monterone (“Rigoletto“), Kuligin in “Katja Kabanova” and Eremit in “Der Freischütz“.
- Carmen Zuniga
Flotow, Friedrich von
- Martha oder Der Markt von Richmond Lord Tristan Mickleford
- Hello Dolly Barnaby Tucker
- Der Vetter aus Dingsda Egon von Wildhagen
- Der Konsul Mr. Kofner
Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus
- Così fan tutte Don Alfonso
- Le nozze di Figaro Bartolo
- Don Giovanni Masetto
- Les contes d'Hoffmann Crespel, Luther
- La Gioconda Zuane
- Gianni Schicchi Simone
- Die Feenkönigin Niklas Zettel
- Die Fledermaus Frank
- Mignon Lothario
- Kaiser von Atlantis Lautsprecher
- Simone Boccanegra Pietro
- Tannhäuser Reinmar von Zweter
- Rienzi Raimondo (Kardinal Orvieto)